About Image

Lloyd Hall, named in honor of Steward J. Lloyd, the first Dean of the School of Chemistry, Metallurgy, and Ceramics, was completed in 1927 as a new home for the School. With the addition of two wings along the way, it served in that capacity for 77 years until 2004 when the department moved to the newly completed Shelby Hall. After undergoing a complete renovation, Lloyd Hall now serves as a general university class room building with a large auditorium, 18 general purpose classrooms, and a large computer classroom. The building is also home to New College in the College of Arts and Sciences, the Classroom Resource Center, the Writing Center, and the McNair Scholars Program. On the first floor is a dining area with Boar's Head Deli, Chick-fil-A Express, Java City, and Pizza Hut.


Physical Address

University of Alabama
503 6th Avenue
Lloyd Hall Room ________ (and department if appropriate)
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487